Before You Proceed
- How do we collect your information?
- What information do we collect?
- How we use your information?
- Who we share your information with?
- And the rights and options you have; when it comes to your personal information.
- Giving you access to use our full services and information on the website.
- Improving, optimising and personalising the aspects of services and website for better user experience
- Research and analyse the market, user behaviour, trends, and sometimes user demographics
- Communicating with you specifically about our services and your quotes that you requested on our website
- We might share your information with the regulatory bodies, and governmental bodies upon their request
1-Who We Are?
Courier to India is the data controller with the processing of the data and personal information that you have provided to get price quotes for any service offered on our website. The registered address of the company is Courier to India 140 Ealing Rd, Wembley HA0 4PY, UK.
If you have any questions or queries regarding your data security or protection, please contact our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our data protection officer is General Manager of the couriertoindia.co.uk.
To contact data protection officer please contact us at email@example.com.
2- How Do We Collect Personal Information?
3- What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect information about you only when you give this to us at our website for receiving price quotes only, for example, we may collect your name, email address, telephone number and postcode. This might be, for example, to obtain comparative quotes for Cargo services e.g. air cargo, sea cargo or door to door delivery at your desired destination. In the course of providing the Services to you, your information will also be stored for short term for analysis about how you use our Sites, for example, the website from which you came to visit our Sites, the pages viewed, changes you make to information you provide to us, and details of the quotes you request Price quotes sent to your email or on your phone number are sent directly by couriertoindia.co.uk
We take your details only to provide you with price quotes for free and we make sure that we have appropriate security measures to protect your information and restrict us to use them otherwise, (section 8 below explains that how secure is our site and what steps do we take to keep you safe while you are on our website?). We will review your personal information after a certain time and we do not keep it for longer than is permitted by law, explained in section 11 below about how long we keep your personal information.
Please understand that it is your responsibility to confirm, check and ensure all the information, content, material or data you provide is correct, accurate, complete and not misleading and that you disclose all relevant facts to get the best possible service.
To ensure the service we offer, we may ask you for the feedback about the services you used and your experience of using the sites. Any feedback you provide will be shown on our website and will only be used as part of our business reputation management program to improve our services. Your reviews or feedback will be published on our website as well.
4- How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To give you access to use the Services;
- To personalise and improve your price quotes and Services;
- For research, such as analysing market trends and customer behaviours;
- To communicate with you, including some or all of the following:
4.1 sending you information about services which you have agreed and requested for, otherwise, we will take your consent for other services, we will contact you (depending on your contact preferences) via email, post, telephone, SMS, or by other electronic means such as via social and digital media.
4.2 we will use your information to sending you a confirmation email of your quotes - when you obtain a quote with us at any of our websites. You will automatically be sent a confirmation of your quote by email or SMS so that you have a record of it with a retrieve information link to our website so that you can easily retrieve your quote in the future. This is a standard part of our Services and by using the Services you agree to receive these communications by all means
- we may use your information to match our data with data from other sources - we may authorise and evaluate your information and, in some cases, match it in contrast to information collected by a third party to make sure that the information we hold about you is as correct, reliable and well-organised as possible.
- To enable you to share our content with others, e.g. by using an 'Email a friend' or 'Share this' functionality on our Sites.
The personal information you have provided to us will be stored and may be used on the pre-populated fields on the website to make it easy for you to use our website again when you return. If you do not want us to populate your data like this upon your return, you can amend your preferences by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do the rest for you.
We may monitor or record your calls with us, emails or SMS or all other communication with us and will also record your screens when you are on our website, all will be done by data protection rules.
Monitoring or recording of screens will always be for business purposes, such as for quality control and training. These recordings will also be used to prevent unlawful use of our telecommunication systems and Sites, also to ensure active systems operation, and to meet any legal obligation and/or to prevent or detect any criminal activity on our websites.
5- Why Do We Process Your Personal Information?
- Consent - Where ever necessary at our website we will only collect and process your personal information, only if you have given your consent for us to do so. For example, we will only send you certain price quote information in your emails or will contact you by phone and process any sensitive information if you give us consent.
- Legitimate Interests - under some sensible business grounds, we may use your information under legitimate concepts of EU data protection laws and following grounds as a justification for processing your personal information.
2.1- we may use some of your information to enable you to access and use the Services by searching the data to give you the best quotes;
2.2 - we may use your information to communicate with you regarding your quotes. We need to keep you informed about your use of the Services. We also need to send you a confirmation email of your quotes and an unsubscribe link. All these communications won't include marketing communications as we do not do any marketing but if we do in future, you will not receive any marketing material unless you have given us your consent to receive these;
2.3 - we will use some of your information to improve our Services and user experience by conducting research and analysis. We constantly work on improving our services for you and we also aim to improve user experience to you and using your information in this way helps us to offer you even better services. Your personal and sensitive information won't be used in this regard.
From May 2018, you will have a right to object if you think that our data usage of your personal information for these legitimate interests is not clear. If you raise an objection and ill contact us, we will unsubscribe your data from our system and will stop processing immediately, unless very exceptional circumstances apply. You can any time contact our customer service team at email@example.com if you have any questions.
6- Who Do We Share Your Personal Information With?
We disclose your information to the following parties.
- The regulatory/governing bodies, for compliance monitoring. Where permitted by data protection and privacy law, we may also disclose information about you (including electronic identifiers such as IP addresses) and/or access your account. If required or permitted to do so by law.
- Your information will be shared if required to do so by any court, or applicable regulatory, compliance, Governmental or law enforcement agency;
- If in contrast with any legal proceedings or any potential legal proceedings; if required, your information will be shared and/or if we rationally believe false or incorrect information has been provided and fraud is doubted, all your details may be passed to police or fraud prevention agencies.
- Understand browsing habits on the Sites;
- Understand the number of visitors to the Sites and the specific pages visited; and
- it also helps us remember you when you are coming back to the Sites so we can offer you the right to use to previously saved quotes.
- i) Until you request to delete your personal information from our system, which can be requested any time, your personal information will be deleted within one month of receipt of your request for erasure.
- ii) Your personal information will be automatically deleted from our system after 120 days as the majority of sales can be easily closed within 120 days.
7- What Cookies Do We Use?
For your knowledge, a cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer or device to achieve certain aims including a better service. Cookies help us to:
8- What Advertisement Do We Show On Our Website?
The advertisements that you see on post signup pages or any other pages of our website are delivered on our behalf by third parties like Google ads sense and other Google services. However, no information which can identify any of our website users e.g. name, or contact details etc. are used to provide these ads. To show you these ads which are relevant to you, the advertisement providers place a unique cookie on your browser which has nothing to do with our sites.
These cookies do not collect any information about you or your system or nor linked to any identifiable information belongs to you. By consenting to our services, you are also consenting to view these ads from third parties.
The site has also implemented and use display advertising using Google Analytics which allows ads and remarketing to be served on the third-party websites on the internet. The website and third party advertisers including Google use first-party cookies and third-party cookies to inform, serve and optimise such ads. You can opt-out or customize these ads through Google ads preference manager.
9- How Secure Is Our Website And What Steps We Take To Keep You Safe?
We always care about your data and its security and your personal data's security is very imperative to us. This is why our Sites use secure protocols to help keep information about you secure. However, you also know that the over the internet no data transmission can be guaranteed to be secure and safe. But we do not take any sensitive information e.g. your credit cards details, identification numbers e.g. driving license or any other identification. We also no process any money transactions on our websites. We do not set up any accounts on our websites either, so you do not need to be worried about any sensitive information.
We do our best to keep your information secure and safe with us. However, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information that it is 200 per cent safe with us and you must disclose your information at your own risk by using our website. By using our website, you accept the natural risk of disclosing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
10- How Can You Amend Your Preferences?
Any electronic communication we or our members will send you will include all instructions clearly and concisely. You will have an unsubscribe link in all your emails and you can unsubscribe your information from our system at any time. We do not use any personal information for marketing purposes so that you do not need to change any preferences.
Should you no longer wish to be contacted by us, you can advise us at any time at our email firstname.lastname@example.org or any of our contact numbers at our contact us page? All lines are open from 9.00 to 5.00 Monday to Friday.
11- Your Data Rights And How To Contact Us?
Under new data protection rules, you have some certain rights including the right to request a copy of your data and information we hold about you. You need to request it from us in written form with some proof of the information you gave us, e.g. our enquiry reference number.
From May 2018 you will have the following rights:
(i) Right to access: it is about your right to request a copy of your personal information saved with us.
(ii) Right to correct: you also have a right to rectify your personal information, if it is inexact or incomplete.
(iii) Right to erase: under the new legislation, you have the right to request that we delete or remove your all personal information is saved on our system.
(iv) Right to restrict our use of your information: You have a right to 'block' us from processing or using your personal information
(v) Right to data portability: under the new legislation, you can request us to move copy or transfer your data or personal information;
(vi) Right to object: Under the new legislation, you also have a right to object to our use of your personal information including where we use it for our legitimate interests and or where we use it for market research and profiling of market demographics etc. (See section 5 above).
On the other hand, if you are not satisfied with the way you sent any complaints to us and the way we have treated your complaints regarding your personal information saved at our system, then you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection regulator in the UK which is Information Commissioner Office.
12- How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
Unless a longer time is required or permitted by law, we do not hold your personal information on our system for ages but for the necessary time to fulfil the actual purpose of retaining your data in our system. The specific time of retaining your data with us has two parameters,
If you are registered for any of our services and or have our membership and you do not use them for a specific time of 120 days, your personal information will be removed from our system. We may or may not contact you to confirm if you wish to use our services and you are still happy to come back, your personal information will be removed and you have to resubmit your information with new consents. We will not take your consent by contacting you by phone or by emailing you.
Even if we remove your personal information from our system, it will remain saved in the backup or archival media for a certain time, for legal use, tax or regulatory purposes as per prescribed and permitted by law.
Under article 17 of the GDPR, you have the right to cease your personal information from our system any time and it is free of cost. But if your request to erase is something manifestly unfounded or excessive, the erasure process will cost us the time of data protection team plus development team to remove your information from our system and costs us money if you send us a request to erase your personal information before 120 days from giving us your personal information. So, you may need to pay some reasonable fees for the processing of your request to the erasure of data and your request for erasure will not be processed until we receive the fees for processing the erasure request. If you do not want to pay this fees, you need to wait for 120 days, your data will be automatically removed from our system.
In any case, your request to be forgotten will comply within a calendar month e.g. 30 days from receiving your request, however, your data will be erased automatically at 121st day from submitting your data at our websites. Your data will be transferred to backup or archival folders for certain time to calculate taxes and or for legal requirements until our next fiscal year. After completion of our fiscal year, your personal information will be removed permanently even from the archival folders and backups.